Puma Darts Terry Hayhurst darting profile, how long playing darts, career highlights, what weights of darts does Terry play with.
|Date of birth:
|Left or Right handed:
|Date of choice:
||Terry Hayhurst Puma Plus 20gm Soft tip which Terry uses for steel and soft by converting to steel with conversion points.
Steel tip: 22gm, 24 and 26gm
Soft tip: 20 gm
I've really enjoyed the innovation and time put in to creating these darts, by Puma Darts quite simply for the reason of: they are perfectly balance to my throw, the circular grip is not too extreme but does allow for some grab...perfect for moist hands, which occurs when nervous. Depending on where you hold your dart, the conversion barrel will allow you to change ends of your point, which I have done myself... Terry Hayhurst
How long playing darts:
Terry became the youngest junior darts player to win a national title at the age of 12. From that point on he represented his Province at the Canadian Nationals, 8 consecutive years, winning 7 consecutive provincial titles. The provincial champion then went on to win 5 more National singles titles and ending his junior career, winning the first triple crown in the youth....in his home town!!! At the age of 15 Terry's range in the darts world began to become wider, as he started to travel to the United states to gain early international experience.
Other points of interest:
- Winner of the Canadian Open 2012
- 8x National Champion
- 8x Provincial Champion
- 5x World Cup Qualifier
- 4x World Masters Qualifier
- 2010-2011 #1 Ranked Canadian
- Previously ranked 34th in WDF world rankings
- Previously 50th in BDO Lakeside world rankings
- Currently ranked 4th in the DDB north American rankings
- Last 8 in the WDF World Cup Doubles
- Last 32 in the BDO Wold Master, Lakeside World Championship Qualifier
- Last 16 in the televised BDO British Open
- Canadian Open Champion
- Terry's family started him in baseball at a young age and seeing his natural hand/eye co-ordination, Terry widened his range making the 2nd overall draft for the 2000 junior Olympics held in Hamilton, Ontario. At 15 years old, Terry was representing his country in the Olympics!
- When Terry was about 16 years old...he played in a big PDC tournament called the Le Scratch Open. Although I believe he was underestimated he had finished in the semi finals back-to-back years. The first year Terry played Mick Manning (6-5), Don King (6-0) Terry Jenkins (6-0), John Part (6-2) also he was the current world champion and finally losing to Colin Lloyd in the semis (6-1). That was the start of Terry's career. ITerry has since played tournaments all over the place, represented Canada at the world masters and world cup, also playing in international tournaments, and this year Terry has have been sitting in the top 24 in the BDO world rankings, which gives him a spot in the lakeside world championships. Terry has been ranked #1 in the country and also won numerous other national titles in the youth and adult programs.
- Enjoying a good steak!
For more on Terry's achievements and profile visit www.terryhayhurst.com